This directory was created for the purpose of promoting the San Diego County Winery industry and supporting businesses / organizations. I find that when someone mentions California Wine, they are talking Napa or Sonoma wineries. I would like to help cast a spotlight on the great wine culture very much alive and thriving in San Diego's foothills. I will add a verification badge to winery listings that I have personally visited and verified the contents listed. Look for twitter postings for visitation notes, pictures, and other musings. If you would like to invite or schedule a visit please contact me to arrange a time.
This website started as a personal project to set-up a to-do list for my wife & I for weekends. I began to collect all the local San Diego Wineries that offered Tastings, and it quickly turned into much more for me. After seeing the number of San Diego wineries available for us to visit, and the fact that it had taken me 5+ websites to find them all, I saw an opportunity to help the growing viticulture industry here in Southern California. Please enjoy. Cheers!
The San Diego Wineries Directory is committed to the development and promotion of the local wine industry in San Diego County.
The purposes of the directory & resources sections are:
- To promote the wine industry in San Diego County;
- To develop and grow the local wine industry through education of the existing and potential winemakers, to the local market and to tourists visiting the region;
- To help promote the San Diego’ world-class wines, as a high quality product;
- To promote the San Diego Region’s defined American Viticultural Areas [AVA]; and
- To promote a regulatory changes to support the local wine industry & make it easier to ship their product to consumers throughout the United States or beyond.